Terms & Conditions
All tickets sold by American Express Openair Cinemas are subject to the following terms and conditions:
- American Express Openair Cinemas are licensed 18+ events only. All patrons under 18 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian. Further recommended age restrictions are based on each individual screening.
- Tickets are transferable up to 24 hours prior to the screening but strictly non refundable. Incorrect purchases are not guaranteed a transfer or refund and are at the discretion of the promoter.
- Tickets can only be transferred once.
- Openair Cinemas are all-weather outdoor events that will go ahead in most weather conditions. Screenings will only be cancelled if the weather is deemed hazardous and puts the safety of patrons and staff at risk. If a screening is cancelled due to hazardous weather all tickets can be transferred to a screening of your choice but strictly no refunds will be given.
- If there are less than three screenings left in the season at the time of the cancellation, tickets will be valid for the following season or any other location of the Openair Cinemas tour. Alternatively, refunds will be offered.
- Refunds will only be granted if requested within 7 days after the cancelled screening.
- Any food and drink that has been consumed (either pre-purchased or purchased at the event) will not be refunded under any circumstances.
- Complimentary tickets will not be refunded if unused or transferred if the screening is cancelled.
- Complimentary tickets are only valid for the duration of the season, or the specific session for which they have been issued
- If a screening is cancelled and there is no availability for the same tickets for the remaining screenings, alternative tickets and extras will be offered to match the value of the original booking.
- American Express Openair Cinemas are completely licensed events, so strictly NO alcohol is to be brought on site by patrons. I.D will be required to purchase liquor. People who are unduly intoxicated will not be served alcohol. Bags and eskies may be search or restricted at entry. Water will be freely available at the bar and food and snacks are available for purchase.
- At the point of entry the ticket presented must match the FULL NAME specified in the booking history and you will be asked to present a current matching driver’s license, “RTA Proof of Age” card or Passport that matches this information.
- By entering the event site you agree to being filmed or photographed which may be used for marketing or promotional purposes.
- A Payment Processing Fee of 1.75% per booking + and an Administration Fee of $1.00 + 1.5% applies per ticket, which is inclusive of GST (subject to change).
- The promoter/venue reserves the right to withdraw, reschedule or substitute films and/or vary advertised prices, event times and inclusions without notice.
- The promoter/venue reserves the right of admission.
- It is a condition of sale that tickets may not be offered for re-sale on 3rd party websites. . Tickets may not be resold or offered for resale at a premium (including online auction sites) or used for advertising, promotion or other commercial purposes. If a ticket is used in breach of these conditions, it may be cancelled without refund and the bearer of the ticket may be refused admission.
- All tickets and products are priced in Australian dollars.
- You have a duty to exercise good judgment and act in a responsible manner while attending the Openair Cinemas and you agree that you will comply with the directions of the Openair Cinemas staff and its authorised representatives at all times. Openair Cinemas reserves the right to turn customers away should they appear intoxicated or behave inappropriately.
- You acknowledge that you participate at your own risk and that you are not, to the best of your knowledge, suffering from a condition which would prevent and/or render you unfit to participate in the event. The purchaser or user of the ticket voluntarily assumes the risk of injury, property damage or loss while attending the Openair Cinemas. You agree to take all reasonable measures to protect yourself from the risks of participation.
- You agree to wear adequate clothing and footwear for an all weather outdoor event, suited to the time of year, and the weather conditions on the day. Wear suitable shoes and weather protection especially when the weather has been wet.
- You are responsible for all property that you bring to the event and Openair Cinemas accept no responsibility for loss or damage to this property.
- You agree to not cause any loss or damage to property at the event.
- You understand that there are inherent and other risks associated with attending an outdoor all weather event. You release Openair Cinemas (including its directors, officers, employees, volunteers, contractors, sponsors and/or agents) from any claim and from any liability to the maximum extent permitted by law for, or as a result of, any loss, injury or damage suffered by you in relation to your attendance and participation in the event, however caused, including any claim or liability which arises due to any negligence of the event organisers.
Openair Cinemas American Express Card Member Benefits
General Amex Pre-Sale Category
The American Express Pre-sale category provides you the opportunity to secure tickets prior to the general public, not to obtain preferential seating. A selection of seating throughout the venue will be made available.
- A limited number of American Express Pre-sale Seats are available and will be allocated on a first come, first served basis until the allocation is exhausted OR the specified end time of the American Express offer occurs – whichever comes first.
- American Express does not charge an additional fee for obtaining pre-sale Seating tickets, however standard handling, booking or transaction fees may apply from Openair Cinemas.
American Express provides information about the offers that is correct at the time of publication.
- Offers are subject to Terms and Conditions of Openair Cinemas.
- American Express is not responsible for the offer redemption or fulfilment of this pre-sale.
In the case of an event cancellation, Openair Cinemas are solely responsible for any refunds, exchanges or make good of the ticket purchase price.
- American Express may modify or remove the offers at any time without prior notice.
General Sale period Terms and Conditions:
To receive a 15% discount on tickets, Card Members must pay through the Openair Cinema website, using an eligible Australian American Express Card through the American Express Card Member journey. Eligible Cards include American Express Cards issued by American Express Australia Limited and American Express Cards issued by licensed network partners.
- The 15% discount on tickets is applicable to General Admission, General Admission Concession and Prime Video Lounge tickets only. The 15% discount excludes Group Tickets and American Express Lounge tickets.
- Card Members are entitled to one complimentary blanket hire per ticket and blankets are subject to availability. Card Members must present their card at the blanket kiosk to receive their complimentary blanket.
- The American Express Lounge Ticket includes a complimentary lounger, blanket, cushion, ice-cream, a box of popcorn and a drink
American Express Garden Terms and Conditions:
- Cards include American Express Cards issued by American Express Australia Limited, American Express International and American Express Cards issued by licensed network partners
- Eligible Card Members must present their Card as a condition of entry.
- Eligible Card Members may bring 1 guest. American Express Platinum Card Members and American Express Centurion Card Members may bring up to 2 guests.
- A guest must be at least 18 years of age to enter without a parent or guardian. Access to the American Express Garden is subject to capacity. Wait times may apply.
- American Express reserves the right to remove any person from the lounge for inappropriate behaviour or failure to adhere to lounge rules, including, but not limited to, conduct that is disruptive, abusive or violent.
- American Express will not be liable for any articles lost or stolen or damages suffered by guests inside the American Express Garden